The other change is the addition of a calander. Yes, a completely useless update. Sort of. I actually have a plan for it on another site. But I decided to experiment with it on my site. It is actually a modified version of an old calander script I used to have on another site. For this version, I dropped the holiday images and made it smaller to fit better in the side bar.
Although the display isn't much different, the code behind my site has changed a bit. I've converted the site layout to CSS, no more <table> layouts. It takes a bit more work to get CSS to look right, but I think it is worth it. Most of the other changes are in the back end so that I can now start working on other site content.
One new addition is the slide show image to the right. It will refresh every 60 seconds with a different image from my Lego Ray Tracing gallery. I'm still testing it a bit and haven't decided if I like the way I'm doing it.